Waite Specialty Machine is seeking an experienced shear operator to join our team.
- To shear material (steel & aluminum) to exact size stated on print (or cut list), check the quality of part being sheared, and to cut amount of parts stated on work order.
- Examine completed materials for defects and conformance to established specifications.
- Organize work area and complete jobs per schedule.
- Must be able to move and lift material up to 50 lbs. manually and move heavier parts with assistance from cranes & forklifts.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions, and do simple math.
- Must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the job.
- Load materials, start machines, and monitor their operations to ensure timely and accurate task completion.
- Responsible for daily / weekly / monthly maintenance tasks and keeping machine in good running and operating condition.
- Report all equipment deficiencies or malfunctions requiring maintenance or repair to proper supervisor.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at times and prioritize to get them done efficiently. Work load may be unpredictable and pressure can be substantial during peak times.
- Critical deadlines require adaptability. Extra hours may be required, sometimes on weekends, weekdays & holidays.
- Excellent Attendance and Good Housekeeping are a must.
- Honesty and Dependability are also a must.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision; work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Experience: 1 year or more (preferred), but will train the right applicant.
Work Schedule: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm … Monday through Friday
(Overtime as required due to work loads.)
Wage is $15-$16 per hour depending on experience
Medical and dental insurance
Education: high school or equivalent
Fill out and submit an application at 1160 Industrial Way.
Contact (360)577-0777 for details of this position.