Waite Specialty Machine is seeking an honest, dependable and self confident Journeyman Fitter/Welder to join our team. Responsibilities include: Fabricating fixtures required to complete jobs in a timely manner, follow all material handling processes and procedures in the department, complete all jobs with minimal mistakes, mentor lower level welders and communicate ideas and practices clearly, willingness to perform tasks of lower classifications.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Fabricating fixtures required to complete jobs in a timely manner
- Follow all material handling processes and procedures in the department
- Complete all jobs with minimal mistakes
- Mentor lower level welders and communicate ideas and practices clearly
- Willingness to perform tasks of lower classifications
- Maintain WABO and AWS D1.1 FCAW certification
- Capable of fitting and welding complex assemblies without supervision
- Must be safety conscious
- Ability to pass other certification tests required for specific projects
- Knowledgeable in welding processes, SAW/GMAW/FCAW/GTAW, etc.
- Knowledge of materials and material handling process
- Aptitude to read drawings and weld symbols
- Demonstrates appropriate math skills
- Ability to work overtime with little notice
- Must be reliable, punctual and have good attendance
- Full time
- Overtime may be required with little notice
$19.00+ per hour depending on qualifications and experience
Medical and dental insurance
Fill out and submit an application at 1160 Industrial Way.
Contact (360)577-0777 for details of this position.